[OZAPRS] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Foundation and RF APRS new thread

Norm McMillan vk3xci at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 17:38:03 AEDT 2019

Here we go.
https://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/news/2019/20191130-20/index.php

IMHO, we're never going to run out of VKN*** callsigns, so lets utilise
what we have. I'm not sure we need to diff. between licence classes as the
info is available online. There are known failings with the old system, X**
and Z** tech calls being one, N** novice calls another. Funny they had the
same root; licence class disestablished and callsign into the general pool.
I like the idea of a callsign for life too.

Off soapbox

norm vk3xci