[OZAPRS] Help

keithbone at aussiebroadband.com.au keithbone at aussiebroadband.com.au
Tue Jul 27 17:58:21 AEST 2021

Hi;

I am a full call ham operator keen to try my hand at APRS and need some
'fatherly' advice on setting up to use my FT991A.

Currently work several digital modes successfully.

Years ago I used packet on 2matres in Sydney. I had (still have) a PakRat
TNC which might not be useable on my rig.

It is somewhere in the depths of my shed.

I live close by Morwell Victoria and can hear what I think is VK3RYN-1 on
145.175.

Do I need any extra equipment or software to use the FT991A?

Is there an APRS driver for the Yaesu?

Any takers please?

Cheers

Keith