[OZAPRS] Receive only iGates

Norm McMillan vk3xci at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:44:05 AEDT 2021

Brad,
Go for it, it's a lot of fun and that is what Ham radio is all about! The A
correctly configured APRS network will take care of "loops" as you call them

I ran a Raspberry Pi Zero/Direwolf RX only iGate here in Mildura for quite
some time, using an SDR dongle. I had some reliability issues and reverted
to the "full service" version simply because I had it all set up. Uses an
RPi 3B+, Xastir, TNC2 and a Motorola Transceiver. I'll eventually build it
into a  Pi0/Direwolf/Baofeng full service iGate, but meanwhile ,like Isaid,
it's fun.

Don't worry about naysayers who tell us that rx only iGates Break the APRS
messaging system... that's ancillary to the main objective of APRS. Any
iGate is better than none and getting a posit on APRS-IS is the main
purpose....

Have fun.

de Norm VK3XCI
Website: https://vk3xci.wordpress.com/