[OZAPRS] Receive only iGates

Liz liz at billiau.net
Tue Jan 26 21:22:10 AEDT 2021

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 16:59:57 +1100
Bradley Clayton <bradley at squarepolka.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I hope you're well.
>
> I'm experimenting with Direwolf and the configuration for a receive
> only i-Gate - RF to Internet only. I wanted to reach out to ask
> if there are any concerns or considerations for this configuration?
> Just want to make sure this approach doesn't cause loops or any other
> adverse affects on the network?
>
> I hope this is an OK place to ask, and thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Bradley
> VK3LIT

A little looking tells me that you are in Melbourne. I don't frequent
the big smoke much myself, and rarely with an APRS transceiver.
I don't know what you would contribute to the network, for example you
could be a somewhat 'dead' area and be a great improvement.

If you are not transmitting, how do you imagine a loop would occur?

Liz
VK2XSE