[OZAPRS] alternative to KA9Q NOS ?

Thomas Karpiniec tk at 1.21jiggawatts.net
Wed Nov 7 09:07:55 AEDT 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, at 11:41 PM, Cary Dreelan wrote:
> You’ll find that your Linux distribution has compiled some defaults that
> may not be suitable to this application, but they are *not* hard coded.
>
> if you run ‘sysctl -a’ you’ll find more parameters that can be tweaked
> in realtime than you’ll want to ever know about.

Oh definitely - I probably gave the wrong impression. There's lots of sysctl stuff that vastly improves matters, particularly concerning ARP, and it's usable. However there was at least one fundamental constant where optimising it for packet required a kernel rebuild. I've forgotten what precisely it was but I could do a deeper search later if anyone particularly wanted to know.

Cheers & 73

Tom VK7NTK