[OZAPRS] alternative to KA9Q NOS ?

Carlos carlos.peco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:43:29 AEDT 2018

Hi Tom,

I was reading a bit this morning and I understand that transporting
TCP/IP traffic over AX.25 might not be a wise idea due to the small
frame count.

I don't understand these things well, but with a radio capable of 64
kbps (or more) constrained by a protocol with a short frame length and
count (the number of unconfirmed packets that can exist at a give
time), the transmissions will be constantly halted waiting for
acknowledgements ???

Have you guys explored the use of SLIP/PP over radio ?

73,
Carlos VK1EA