[OZAPRS] alternative to KA9Q NOS ?

Carlos carlos.peco at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:29:42 AEDT 2018

Thanks Cary,
I'll start looking at what people is doing these days. I looked at a couple
of youtube videos already.

73,
Carlos

On Tuesday, November 6, 2018, Cary Dreelan <cary at active-ideas.com.au> wrote:
> Just a quick note about your comment…
>
>> On 6 Nov 2018, at 10:25 pm, Carlos <carlos.peco at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Very good point about some of the parameters "hard coded" in the kernel.
>
> You’ll find that your Linux distribution has compiled some defaults that
may not be suitable to this application, but they are *not* hard coded.

> if you run ‘sysctl -a’ you’ll find more parameters that can be tweaked in
realtime than you’ll want to ever know about. Try grepping (flitering) that
list for just tcp parameters that may be suitable by doing the following at
a command line on Linux…

>         sysctl -a | grep tcp
>
> To set one (as an example, not saying this is what you need for your
application) as the root user…

>         sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 75
>
> And if you want to make that permanent, each time you reboot the Linux
machine, most distributions allow you to add this to the file in
/etc/sysctl.conf, e.g. for the above, just add…