[OZAPRS] IO PCB audio pTT CONNECTORS?

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Mon Feb 19 10:50:47 AEDT 2018

Glen,

Will this board stack upon the top of the HAT connectors on a Pi 2b/3?

Recently I came across the Blade Uno BB01 that allows you to stack a Pi
and  a HAT that sit alongside each other.  This arrangement allows you to
mount it in a 1RU 19" rack with ease.  You can see an image on my blog (
http://zedm.net/archives/261).  I've since removed the DE9 connector and
replaced it with a low profile right angle connector.  So far no signs of
overheating of the Pi, There is opportunity to mount a small 40mm fan to
the side and move air if required.

The downside is the HAT needs to be full size or at least full length to be
able to take advantage of the standoff mounting arrangement.  It does
however make for a nice neat solution that does not require internal wiring
:-)

73

Matthew
VK5ZM