[OZAPRS] RGI digi too big a coverage ?

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Nov 6 16:24:24 AEDT 2017

Glen,

What coverage of the alps region does RGI have? Do other digis provide
none/some/blanket coverage of the alps areas where cars, and maybe
walkers, are going to be. If RGI provides a service in difficult areas
we should accept "spill" over "good" paths in other directions.

Given that you intend for RGI to be an Igate, set it's path to WIDE 2-1
and accept a bit of "extra" coverage. I don't see some coverage overlap
with other systems as a bad thing, especially if one of the systems
falls over. I agree with Josh, channel congestion from an improved RGI
is unlikely to be a problem.

What happens in the US with digis on hills twice the height of Ginini,
what path do they recommend?

Ray vk2tv