[OZAPRS] RGI digi too big a coverage ?

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Mon Nov 6 18:03:04 AEDT 2017

All

thanks Josh,Ian, Dom, Ray for the inputs, and asking me good questions
for me to think about.

I'll read a bit more into USA centric & written articles.

I think I will filter 1RBM (local cbr) and 1RGI from duplicating
everything. Or at least have a think about it. There really needs to be
a setup for users if they really do want 1RGI is digipeat their 1RBM
UIs. I guess that's what WIDE2-2 is for.

Also got to think of the reverse case... RBM hearing things that I
expect Ginini to hear and not . That of course can happen any time for a
mobile station, long and short delay multipath abundant.

In about 90% of canberra cases, 1RGI will hear whatever 1RBM hears no
problem...

There there is the providing redundancy issue for other paths.  Ether
way, IP link and full control will make things flexible.

There's a double edge sword with terminals being dumb /simple and say
unable to update their paths based on whatever they are hearing- there
would be usefulness I would have thought in having the digi beacon spit
out some useful information for UI stations.... or maybe there has been
thought and it didnt catch on.

I'll put UHF on the second sound card/dire wolf TNC channel, that will
be useful.

-glen