[OZAPRS] RGI digi too big a coverage ?

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Mon Nov 6 10:44:46 AEDT 2017

I want to get some opinions to whether the RGI digi on 5175 has too big
a footprint.

....and digipeating much of the canberra basin APRS /  UI traffic ,
causing channel busy,  over 250km is helpful, or not, and what sort of
configuration variations would be suggested?

Canberra basin traffic on VK1RBM-1 (local canberra) is quite busy  in
drive times.

Alternatives- delays, smart digi filters, alt freqs, extra freqs

Ideally I would think RBM-1 should do the work and RGI should not digi
any of that stuff. IE RGI waits, if RGI hears RBM repeating it, it shall
not be digied even if people have their rigs set for WIDE2-2..

Sort of like traffic from RGI  never gets digied by RBM. and RBM traffic
never gets digied by RGI....

or something

almost needs a WIDE3-x or something- SUPER WIDE.

Informed comment, please.
Or as an academic would say , "Discuss."