[OZAPRS] WXSVR

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 5 13:31:34 AEDT 2017

Hi Matty,

Here's an update on how the new WXSVR performed during the weekend
severe wx situation. This is with xastir.

The ALERT for flooding worked just fine and an object appeared in
affected wx regions. Bushfire objects are appearing but I'm not seeing
the boundaries. The fires so far have been small, but one current fire
between Kempsey and Port Macquarie is large enough (10ha) to display
boundaries on the NSW RFS "fires near me" web page. Xastir was zoomed in
considerably more than the fires near me page. Coastal wind warnings
appear to not be functioning correctly, however. This part of the coast
(Macquarie and Coffs coasts) was under strong wind warning over the
weekend but I didn't see any ALERT zones. I did occasionally see the
wind warning object display but on each occasion it disappeared fairly
quickly.

It's great to be able to see some warnings again, and thanks once more
for your efforts.

Ray vk2tv