[OZAPRS] Fw: 40M APRS frequencies

Gerard Hill gerardvk2io at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 00:08:19 AEDT 2017

Good to see two more gateways!

Josh, the adjustment to the audio may have been the critical breakthrough.
The main thing is to make sure everything is linear - no distortion on the
audio or overdriving of the transmitter.
Propagation has played its part too. During the day time, VK4VP-4 and
VK3OA-4 would be difficult to reach in summer on 40m - they are over 800km
away.
This afternoon there has been an E-layer present which may have assisted
propagation to my IGate, or it may just have been ground wave. We won't
know while the E-layer is present.
Anyway, impressive result!

Cheers,
Gerard - VK2IO