[OZAPRS] Rasbian

Bob vk2byf at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:59:15 AEST 2016

Hi Norm & others, thank you all. I just got control back of my RPi via
SSH. Errors in /etc/network/interfaces file due to a flakey keyboard.

Your method seems almost too easy to be true but I'm familiar with the
apt-get routine. I think I'll have to install direwolf first.
I have direwolf and xastir running on a laptup with linux Mint. I can
see packets on the direwolf terminal and on message views etc

where I get confused is how to set the correct path for TX. I can't see
the options I want like WIDE2-1 as I'm close to VK2HIM
Also I can beacon ok but I don't seem to appear on the aprs.fi map
either with QF55hd or =3451.00S/15036.00E/- blah blah blah
Ultimately I would like to bounce my signal off the ISS with
ARISS,SGATE,WIDE2-1
Even my VK2BYF-9 tracker in the car works sometimes and not at other
times. I've had it for years. I suspect maybe a lack of relays, oops
WIDE1-1 stations in this area 150km south of Sydney. Ham radio is pretty
dead down here.

Even the destination APRS apparently is no longer correct. I see lots of
weird destinations when I look at the RAW packet view with xastir.
I've done a lot of searching on the Internet but keep finding data which
is not up to date.

I have a RTL-SDR running with gqrx and the inbuild AFSK 1200 decoder
working quiet well so I can look at my own packets. What I really need
is a source for up to date configuration details.

Installing maps is another issue which I'll need to address again later.

The old brain is struggling to keep up with too many new things. I only
transitioned from Windoze to Linux a few months ago.

Thanks again ( will this go to everybody or just Norm?)

Bob vk2byf in Nowra