[OZAPRS] Rasbian

Norm McMillan vk3xci at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:38:05 AEST 2016

Bob,
first, the reply goes to the group, not just me.

Second:, path. I use Wide2-2 here in Mildura. I can hit our digi with a
dummy load! (VK2RBX, across the river in NSW)
Just checked APRS.fi, your last report was a year ago out on the
Cambewarra  road.!

I spent quite some time in Nowra back in the 80s and 90s. We had a voice
repeater and digi in the hut under the mast on Cambewarra. VK2RST as I
recall, tho I see Gladesville has that call now. My memory may be off too.

I guess that the Shoalhaven Radio Club is long gone, but I see a Mid South
Coast Club with assets at Nowra Hill. ( I used to work up there as a RADAR
tech 'bout a million years ago!) No digi there?

I've got vk3xci, soon to be vk3wrm, set up as an igate. I take off-air from
VK2RBX and pipe it to the internet using an old dell box, Ubuntu, xastir
and an old Tiny 2. The Pi-3 and a hardware tnc  (TNC-Pi) will replace it
real soon. I'm not real keen on soundmodem, direwolf et al, never seem to
be able to set them up properly.

So there's something to go on with. There's lotsa expertise in this group,
sometimes it just takes asking the right question.

norm
vk3xci