[OZAPRS] Rasbian

Norm McMillan vk3xci at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:03:20 AEST 2016

G'day Bob,
my experience, your mileage may differ.

 I'm back to Linux after a loooooong time away. Bought an R-Pi 3,
downloaded the Rasbian Jessie image and wrote it to an 8Gb micro SD. it
fired up first time. Tried using the package manager in Raspbian Jessie
without much success. So back to the command line.
Open a terminal and type in

*sudo apt-get update * # this updates all the package information and makes
sure you get the latest versions

A whole lot of stuff scrolls by
When it returns to the prompt type in

*sudo apt-get install xastir*
 More stuff scrolls by and you eventually get back to the prompt.
At the prompt, type in

*xastir,*
and you're off and running.

Enjoy.