[OZAPRS] My Callsign never shows up on aprs.fi

Tim Logan timlog77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:02:52 AEDT 2016

Ashley/ Terry
I too have a VX8GR.
My only suggestion Ashley is you try and get closer to the digi you are trying to use, the performance of my VX8 is dismal and has been since I first bought it when they were released. I find I need to be in a very strong signal area for it to work, encode or decode. Only in the last few days I've been reading up on adjusting levels via the service mode, I'm planning on trying this to see if it helps my situation, I'm over in ZL at present and have only got a few beacons out in total... Had it running all over the north island. Sounds like you have the settings down pat though, there is only a few critical settings.
Cheers
Tim VK2HLT

Sent from my iPad