[OZAPRS] Igate

Liz VK2XSE edodd55 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 20:55:10 AEDT 2016

QTR Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:09:26 +0000 Justin Albury QTC

> Hi Liz
>
> We did have a few issues at Highrange.... Owen VK2OD who a lot of us
> know did a lot of homework on this location as it is direct earshot
> to his iGate.  if you have a read on his blog all his findings are
> there to read ....it was a combination of errors and not any 1
> locations fault, its a good read.
>
> Dom VK2HJ and Owen VK2OD worked together on the last lot of changes
> in the config and all looks to be running very well.
>
> I didnt see much APRS stuff at Wyong this year......
>
> VK2HJA
>
> Justin Albury

The only thing aprs related I got at Wyong was a suitable antenna to
modify for mobile 30m HF operation, so we are a little closer to having
that running.

I did see a number of vendors who need their eyesight checking. They
appear to be unable to see when a YL approaches their stall, and
while able to speak to all the OMs around they are oblivious to the
presence of the YL.