[OZAPRS] 40m gates

Gerard Hill vk2io at amsat.org
Wed Dec 16 02:50:41 EST 2015

Interesting history on the origins of 7036 LSB for APRS. I tend to quote
dial frequencies for the "standard" 1600/1800 Hz tones. The dial
frequencies for the six other tone pairs in common use are available
here: http://aprs.net.au/hf/hf-aprs-frequencies

When it comes to looking for a spare slot in the band its the centre
frequency that is of interest. This is 1700 Hz less than the dial
frequency. Looking at the group archives, there was a lot of discussion
in Oct 2009 about moving away from 7036 to avoid QRM. We never did move
:) Now we'll have to.

The current ZL bandplan
<http://www.nzart.org.nz/info/technical/hf-band-usage/> has not changed
since 2013. The segments in 40m are the same as the old VK bandplan. Its
probably due for a review to fall in line with the latest IARU Region 3
bandplan: http://iaru-r3.org/?dl_id=1
In VK we should follow the VK bandplan (as released in Sep 2015). Its
annoying to have to change frequency, but its going to happen so we
might as well get established as soon as we can when there is more
choice of frequencies. Liz VK2XSE, I'm in the same boat and will have to
reprogram radios - we all will. Now to work out what the frequency
should be...

Cheers,
Gerard - VK2IO