[OZAPRS] 40m gates

Scott Evans vk7hse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 21:19:42 EST 2015

The History of HF APRS on 40m stems from our friends in ZL. That was the
frequency that suited best for their local coverage and so I just setup
there. Now I'm not up to speed with the ZL band plan (or if there is
one) but I do recall a problem with the use of digital modes higher up
the band. Personally I'd prefer to stay on the frequency I'm on purely
for the fact that it's a known frequency for use in VK/ZL

back in the archives of this mailing list you will find a bit of chatter
around 2007/2008 for reestablishing either a 40m or 20m network as an
alternate for VK standard license class as they don't have permission to
operate on WARC bands. After quite a bit of testing between the two
bands it was settled that 40m was the better of the two at that time.

just one thing to remember, depending on the tone pair of your HF
TNC/Tracker most use 1600/1800Hz but some older gear (like the Pakratt
PK-232) uses 2110/2310Hz this affects your dial frequency. The reference
to 7.036 LSB is for 1600/1800Hz tones so your dial frequency is 7.036+/-
and if you are using 2110/2310Hz like me, the dial frequency is 7.036510
LSB (2110/2310Hz)

Now I'm not going to confuse this any further by quoting center
frequencies like is done with pactor! :D