[OZAPRS] OZAPRS Digest, Vol 62, Issue 26

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 29 15:36:56 EST 2014

Hi Terry,
	Your comment "The use of HF APRS is so different in many respects in equipment, mode and
propagation that it deserves to be identified clearly as a separate and unique mode of operation."
is where I disagree. As far as I understand, the primary role of APRS is unit location reporting;
the "means" of communicating that information doesn't (or shouldn't) matter. If you want to know the
"means", look at the path.
	For those operating both VHF and HF (I'm one of those), the "accepted" method is unworkable. Having
two different SSIDs coming out of the same vehicle is very misleading.

Ian
VK1IAN