[OZAPRS] Desert trekking

Richard Murnane richard.murnane at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 3 21:28:50 EST 2014

If I’m reading them right, the HF settings recommended at http://aprs.net.au/configuration/tinytrak3 should give a beacon every 30 minutes when stationary.

> However if the frequency is not being overloaded it's better to use it than
> loose it, when/if it becomes a problem we can provide guidance on what may
> be a better beaconing rate.

I've always thought it would be nice to have a “beacon now” button on the TT3, for those times when you want everyone to know where you are right now. Of course, one can always cycle the power and wait a minute for the GPS to lock again.

73 Richard VK2SKY