[OZAPRS] Desert trekking

Gordon Taylor gordon at thetaylorclub.com
Wed Sep 3 21:15:05 EST 2014

The settings for HF APRS that I use are a maximum rate of 1 beacon/5 minutes
when travelling over 70 kmh.

For some reason when stopped the TT3 does not send any beacons.  It has been
said before that HF APRS is all about knowing where someone is in a region,
not about which corner they have just turned.

However if the frequency is not being overloaded it's better to use it than
loose it, when/if it becomes a problem we can provide guidance on what may
be a better beaconing rate.

Regards

Gordon  VK4VP