[OZAPRS] UIDIGI 1.9 problem?

Peter VK2MPJ vk2mpj at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 14 22:06:21 EST 2014

Its not suspicious at all.  If the original programming of the Digi was
as a fill in Digi as I suspect, then at some point someone made some OTA
(Over the Air) changes, then these changes would have been lost when
rebooted.  This would result in the digi reverting to what ever the
profile programmed into the EEPROM is.  This is normal operation, and
one of the limitations to using OTA programming for config changes.

It is worth noting that the recommended config for all mobile station is
WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1.  This was done to support the change in Paradigm some
years ago to minimise the network congestion with excessive packets.
This is documented on the aprs.net.au site, and has been for some time
see at the bottom of this page
http://aprs.net.au/vhf/national-2m-aprs-network

NOTE:  The above info regarding the Digi is speculation at this point.
If I am granted access to review the configs, then and only then will I
be able to ascertain what the issue is.  At this point in time, it is
the most logical answer given the current behaviour of the digi.

Pete VK2MPJ
(OLD SENSW APRS network Sysop)