[OZAPRS] APRS Idea?

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sat Feb 2 21:40:31 EST 2013

On 02/02/2013, at 4:22 PM, Warren_Brown wrote:

> Sorry I chose to just explain the simple overview given the original
> question has hard to follow.
>
> The RX Only IGates do do some transmitting, this includes passing of
> messages, and the local WX Sever data.

Understood!  That makes sense.  Initially we were retransmitting lots of stuff here, but as we more understood the ramifications, and local participation increased we backed right off to almost nothing.

I still have some tweaking to do as I've only this week switched from javaprsvr to aprx and am refining the configuration, but the intent is to do basically the same here.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)