[OZAPRS] APRS Idea?

Warren_Brown warbn at telstra.com
Sat Feb 2 18:10:19 EST 2013

Ray,

Whilst "RX Only" may not be the best description, "Fill In" to me suggest
the device fills in a hole in the network, maybe because of terrain or other
issues.
An example could be the use of a Digi in a large town to provide handheld
coverage as the built up area prevents reliable coverage from the nearby
hill top Digi.
In that example the Digi would likely only retransmit Wide 1-1 transmissions
in other places the Fill In site could have full functionality not just be
limited to pass certain type of traffic.

IMHO :)

73
Warren.