[OZAPRS] APRS Idea?

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Sat Feb 2 11:39:12 EST 2013

Hi there all,
Its been a while from my last post, I have an idea. I have no idea if this
has been implemented anywhere in the world but this idea could be done.

I have been thinking about the way that the APRS network works, now I might
be wrong with fully understanding the network but this is my idea.

All the sites are Receive getting data from the mobiles and passing it on to
a main internet link as per normal and the remote sites passing the
information as per normal.
The main difference is with a single area transmitter what gathers data and
what is coming from the internet is transmitted from a single site.
Of course as you move away from possible single site receiving maybe another
site could pick up the slack with another internet to RF gateway, there
might be another way of doing it, this I feel could reduce the traffic by
25% - 33%.

Cheers and 73s'
Paul

VK5VCO