[OZAPRS] Next HORUS Balloon Repeater Flight - Sunday May 27th fromMildura @ WIA AGM Conference

Matthew Cook vk5zm at bistre.net
Wed May 16 23:13:59 EST 2012

Hi Nik,

Thanks. It's nice to know that people find it fun to play with these
repeaters.  They do take quite a bit of time to put together and tweak to
keep running.  These amateur radio based fights are some of
the heaviest balloon trains we fly with up to four transmitters on board on
two bands...  They require twice the equipment in our cars so we can
monitor/play with them too.

You'll get to see the trucks in all their glory at the convention after the
presentation.   Should be a good event, especially for those that make the
effort to get out and track the balloon on Sunday.

As Grant has already advised we've changed the 2m frequency to 147.500 in
an effort to get away from the APRS transmitter, we're also changing the
order in which we fly the train to get a bit more vertical separation
between the payloads.  Hopefully we can improve the performance for the
people out on the edge of its coverage and make it a bit easier to get in.
 Everyone just has to remember to turn on their CTCSS tones or they won't
through.

Hope to see you there or talk to you during the flight.

73's

Matthew
VK5ZM