[OZAPRS] Filling in a black hole.

Geoff Gatward geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Mon Mar 5 11:16:41 EST 2012

Justin,

Are there digipeaters at RHR and RGN already?
That was one of the projects that I was trying to push when I was looking
after things in Sydney but never got any traction.

If CORRECTLY CONFIGURED digipeaters are placed on RHR and RGN, NO IGATE
would be required at all.
(I have the original UIDigi configurations that we prepared for RHR and RGN
if you would like them)

Traffic hitting RGN would digi through 1RGI and be picked up by the VK1
IGate, and traffic hitting RHR would digi off 2US and be picked up by the
Sydney IGate.  You certainly don't want to push anything out onto RF in the
area, as there is already traffic being gated out via 2US and 1RGI, and the
path that the IGates are using to transmit the data would mean that RHR/RGN
would be included in the distribution of that traffic.

Regards,
Geoff  VK8GG/VK2XJG