[OZAPRS] Filling in a black hole.

Josh Mesilane zindello at chibiko.net
Mon Mar 5 11:21:59 EST 2012

Hi All,

I've just set up an RX-Only (with ident) IGate in South West Melbourne
(after consulting my co-ordinator) as I was seeing quite a lot of traffic
not making it in to the existing IGates in Melbourne either due to traffic
congestion, or a mobile station not making it into a Digi.

Would an RX IGate (with ident) suffice to fill this black hole? It helps
improve the RF -> APRS-IS coverage without adding unnecessary traffic to
the RF network? The ident on my IGate is set to every 20 minutes.

Are you trying to increate RF coverage, or RF -> APRS-IS coverage?

Cheers,
Josh

Callsign: VK3HGI
Website: http://zindello.chibiko.net/