[OZAPRS] No recent positions on Googlemaps.

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 17 10:21:17 EST 2012

Nic ..

You have not given us much information on your problem. Where are you and
what callsign and SSID are you talking about ? From what I can tell you are
over in VK2 at the moment. This is what I found .
http://aprs.fi/?call=vk5zat&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=3600&_s=ss_call

and here are some frames from yesterday

http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VK5ZAT

I can not find your callsign with any SSID on a heard list on any of the
local digis here in Adelaide so you dont appear to be in Adelaide for some
time.

Several factors can govern the things your seeing or not seeing via aprs.fi

1: Your transmition isnt really working very well on RF
2: The local network isnt working well or there isnt any coverage in your
area
3: The Igate in your area is non existant or can not hear the local network
very well
4: The feed to the Internet servers has to reach the aprs.fi or findu
servers which are offshore. This has proved to be a weak link repeatedly
before. The internet is not as reliable as some would like to beleive. Ive
seen hours of frames missing at a time in the past. Just because it reaches
our local Tier2 servers in VK and gets onto the internet does not mean it
gets to the popular tracking facilities like Findu and Aprs.fi .

So given that its amazing that it really works like it does.

Regards
Tony  Hunt  VK5AH