[OZAPRS] Project Horus Repeater Flight this Sunday

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 11 15:34:19 EST 2012

I would suggest that a read of this info would be a good idea

http://aprs.org/balloons.html

( Taken from the above web site )

DO NOT USE WIDE1-1! Notice that WIDE1-1 should NEVER be used on a balloon or
any other high altitude aircraft or anything that can hit large areas. This
is because most of the WIDE1-1 digipeaters only do callsign substitution and
are not part of the WIDEn-N algorithm. When these packets get delayed for
whatever reason by a second or so, then other digi's hear them and can end
up with multiple dupes from every nearby digipeater.

PS I did not write this but it has been a hot topic on many APRS groups and
balloon launches

Good luck will, be watching

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE