[OZAPRS] Project Horus Repeater Flight this Sunday

Josh Mesilane zindello at chibiko.net
Wed Apr 11 14:24:07 EST 2012

With the height that the Horus guys get on their baloons, I don't think
that only going via one digi is going to be a problem :) They'll most
likely be hitting multiple digis across a very very wide area. You have to
remember that they'll have line of sight to quite a large geographical area
once the payload is in the air, and any path other than a WIDE2-1 could
very easily flood the network.

Mark/Grant how much power are you running on the APRS payload?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Tony Hunt <wavetel at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Grant.. WIDE2-1 wont guarantee a path into an Igate for you. Try
> WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 which is 2 hops via a fillin digi if needed. This is
> particularly relavant when your working from the East VK5/3 border and into
> 5RMB 5BRC . Although 5RLD has been a bigger help in the past over there.
>
> Hope it all works out. I will probably be in Renmark so might listen in to
> it all.
>
> Tony Hunt VK5AH

Callsign: VK3XJM
Website: http://zindello.chibiko.net/