[OZAPRS] Melbourne APRS Digipeater Status

Pete vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 07:24:52 EST 2011

Sorry.. My 5 yo made a grab for the iPhone and pressed send before I finished.

Could I offer the following as ways that you could help out the local Melbourne area

1 As Richard offered remain as a rx only igate to fill in your area and provide a secondary back up if the main igate fails.

2. Provide a local ISS gateway, something we sadly lack

3. Was thinking of getting 70cm aprs back up, where we can offer more services to aprs radio users like, winlink, dx spots, store and forward, info kiosk, satellite passes and other things that make your kenwood or yeasu go bleep. Oh and at 9600 bd.

Your help in these areas would be greatly appreciated, and as we can hear each other, it makes this a great opportunity to experiment on this.

Your thoughts

Regards
Peter Wicklein