[OZAPRS] FW: Was Something is wrong, this is a fixed location....Now, we fixed it..

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 9 21:33:55 EST 2011

The issue of duplicate packets and speeds in excess of 500kmh have been
fixed in my area.

Some troubleshooting by Dave VK4UN has shown that whenever my Igate was
running the duplicate packets and excessive speed changes occur.  With my
Igate disconnected from the internet we confirmed all was good as I drove
from Brisbane to Buderim this afternoon.

We employed that well known and often used Windows troubleshooting technique
of rebooting the Igate.  This has fixed the problem.  Below are two packets
that demonstrate the issue I had.

It is clear that the packet through VK4OG-1 was gated  nearly 6 minutes
before the packet through VK4VP-1.

I assume the time stamp is added when the packet is received not when it is
transmitted, which in the telemetry and SCADA world I work in, is just not
on.  Our systems always time stamps event as they occur so that any delays
in the comms network do not compromise the credibility of the data, as has
happened here.  I am not complaining just highlighting that this is an
issue.

2011-03-09 03:49:40 UTC: VK4VP-7
<http://aprs.he.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK4VP-7> >R7R4X6,VK4RBR-3*
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK4RBR-3> ,WIDE2-2,qAS,VK4OG-1