[OZAPRS] APRS and Codan 8528

Olsen's Tours and Training davejust at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 13 08:42:47 EST 2011

Hi Larry and all

Until I can get it set up with the Codan, I've gone back to using my Icom IC703 with a signallink USB.

Thanks to you bringing it to my attention, I am running AGWTracker now on an intel iMac running Windows7 - my PC died yesterday.

I have audio from HF fed via SignalLinkUSB.

For VHF I have the same computer connected to a TT4 running KISS TNC and getting a nice stream of data into AGWTracker.

Both are ported via Packet engine Pro

My desire now is to have the HF ported to VHF, but it isn't quite clear to me how this is achieved in AGWTracker or PEPro.

In the packet menu of the Program Setup Properties, I currently have the following

APRS Server Gateway-

Enable Transmission on this radio port (Which I imagine displays my station on APRS server)
Enable Reception on this radio report
Via Path- (nothing)
Beacon Info - Townsville 40m iGate
Beacon every- 30m

Port 1 with soundcard RX only: HF300
Enable Transmission on this radio port (Beacon only I hope)
Enable Reception on this radio report
Via Path- GATE WIDE2-2
Beacon Info - Townsville 40m iGate
Beacon every- 30m

Port 2 with TNC Clone on COM3: VHF 1200
Enable Transmission on this radio port (Beacon only I hope)
Enable Reception on this radio report
Via Path- Gate Wide2-2
Beacon Info - Townsville 40m iGate
Beacon every- 30m