[OZAPRS] APRS and Codan 8528

Larry rivcomm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 08:31:52 EST 2011

Hi David

No not in my set-up.  I use AGW as the interface software and then share the
data with digi-ned as the main client software and also ui-view as the igate
interface.  Using AGW is great as it allows me to run any number of client
software to process the data ( I can and do share the data over my home
network and use ui-view , AGW tracker and APRSIS32  (each has its various
high points).  I also use AGW on my linux boxes as it is very versatile.

I am currently in Broken Hill for the long weekend so I cant give you a
detailed layout but will be happy to do so when I return  - you may email me
direct (rivcomm at gmail.com) if you wish further details.

Cheers Larry

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Olsen's Tours and Training <
davejust at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Larry
>
> So you are just sending audio direct from UIView to the mic socket?
> I'd be interested in the surgery option for later on too, thanks
>
> David
>
> On 11/06/2011, at 7:11 AM, Larry wrote:
>
> > Hi David
> >
> > I have been using 8528s as my 40m and 30m gateway radios for over 10
> years now and they are great for the job - no frequency drift and rock
> solid.  The interface is simple - just make a patch lead to use the mic
> socket for audio in and out ( the pinouts are on Ben's oz radio site)
> remembering to hook a loop wire between pins 7 & 5 to ensure that audio out
> is available without the mic inserted (this is usually done internally in
> the mic itself so you have to do it yourself).
> >
> > I also use an 8528 with a SMT tracker mounted internally in my vehicle to
> do HF APRS 9vk5ly-15) when mobile.    I can give you details of that mod (a
> little more internal surgery requd ( if you wish.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Larry vk5ly
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Olsen's Tours and Training" <
> davejust at bigpond.net.au>