[OZAPRS] Small GPS

Tony King vk3api at people.net.au
Mon Jan 10 15:21:51 EST 2011

On 10/01/2011 11:43 AM, James Cameron wrote:

Hi All,

True RS232 which is based on the CCITT standard V.24 is actually a two
rail system with each rail being required to fall within the range of
3-15 volts
Logic 1 is negative volts (in old tech talk a Mark) and Logic 0 is
positive volts (old tech talk is a Space).

The impedance of the source is also defined but from memory I can't
recall for sure, but I think it is was 3k

Like a lot of things American, they just didn't want to join in with the
long established international standards and made up there own.
Blimey next we will be talking about Baud speed instead of bps. :-)

                                                               Regards
Tony VK3API who used to teach this stuff 25 years ago