[OZAPRS] Ballina area pretty dead for APRS

JandG somewhereinoz at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 8 11:45:53 EST 2010

Hi all,

Just wanted to make this clear: In my first email re. the Ballina area I was
not at all criticising anyone or anything.

It was just my observation as we travelled from Chinderah to the Ballina
area.

I do understand the difficulties involved in getting Digis on the air as per
Ray's (VK2TV) explanation.

The improvements made on the VK2RPL digi are remarkable and I noticed the
difference here in Broadwater near Ballina.

To Steve (VK2POO) : The trip to Nimbin went really well and the APRS system
was performing very well all the way despite the hilly terrain.  What a
great part of the country it is up there.

Last but not least: If there is ever a need to test APRS coverage and I am
somewhere in that area then I will be more then happy to assist.

Cheers,

Gerard

VK2JNG-1