[OZAPRS] question suitable handhelds

VK7DIK vk7dik at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:39:46 EST 2010

Hi Paul,

           Perhaps to save power when the vehicle is parked you could set
your low speed beacon rate to 30 minutes or more to save power.
Its what I do on my vehicle and it seems to give me a few days grace before
the battery goes flat. Alternatively nearly all cigarette lighter sockets
are wired via the ignition
switch. A relay controlled by this circuit connected to your APRS gear could
be a solution. Power to the APRS gear only when the key is in the ignition.

Cheers, Dick.
VK7DIK

The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipientonly and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.Any review, retransmission,disclosure dissemination or other use of,or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibitedand  may result in severe penalties. If you have received thise-mail in error please delete all copies of  this message and anyattachments and contact the sender. If you notice it contains SPAM,abuse or other comments you find offensive please notify the sendervk7dik at gmail.com with the details.