[OZAPRS] Digi settings

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Wed Jan 20 08:51:35 EST 2010

A friend of mine bought one of the Fox Delta fill-in digipeaters and we
spent some time yesterday getting it set up. The parameters are as per the
instructions with the setting of WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1 and Alias of WIDE1-1.

I have a D700 set up as a digipeater with the same settings and a handheld
also setup as WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1.

If my digipeater beacons it is received by the FD digi which then
rebroadcasts OK. If I beacon from my handheld it is received by my
digipeater which then rebroadcasts it and this is received by the FD digi.
However the FD digi does not rebroadcast the packet. I would have thought
that it should with those settings - we are trying to get the packet to an
iGate that is nearby.

Am I right in believing it should hop to the iGate? If so, can anyone please
suggest why it is not?

Thanks, Howard, VK4BS