[OZAPRS] D7 down on power on nimh's?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Jan 20 10:07:27 EST 2010

Hey folks,

A while ago the battery pack on my D7 died completely, so I headed
into andrews to get a new one..  Turned out he had the kenwood 4-AA
box in stock, so I went with that instead, after being assured that
the difference between my 9.6v high-capacity pack, and the 6v 4xAA
pack wouldn't effect my power out...  Although having bought one of
the little digitor 30W VHF amps off ebay yesterday, I find that on
battery, the D7 is only putting out about 3W, where was on external
DC, it's putting out the full 5W.. - Anyone else gone from a 'proper'
pack to one of the AA packs?  And seen something similar?  Doesn't
bother me hugely, as I pretty much always use it off the car power,
but thought it was a bit strange..

Cheers,

DG

Damien Gardner Jnr