[OZAPRS] Why doesn't Northern Tasmania gate VK3 callsigns?

VK7DIK vk7dik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:04:10 EST 2010

 Hi All,

             I am extremely disappointed with the tone and content of the
comments made by VK7AX. These are biased and inaccurate beyond belief.
Tony, I do not want to start a slinging match but to correct you I put the
VK7DIK-1 fill in DIGI at Ulverstone after months of you providing a service
that can best be described as intermittent, what with you spitting the dummy
and turned everything off all the time.

The Igate on the northern part of the state is VK7DC and has been running
reliably for years. Dave has just moved house so he is off air.
I am sure as soon as he is able he will have the Igate up again.

Likewise, my Igate on the West Coast has also been off because I am on
holidays and have been since Christmas. I do not run it when I leave home
for extended periods for safety reasons.

I belive we have been relying on Scott, VK7HSC for gating relevant position
information. Thanks mate.

The Tasmanian system should have all the Igate's functioning again soon. In
the mean time perhaps there is someone who could turn on a temporary
Igate to assist.

I do not usually comment on what is written on this type of forum but as
some of the comments made were directed at me I thought this "Johnny come
lately expert" should set the record straight.

Cheers, Dick
VK7DIK

The information transmitted is for the use of the intended recipientonly and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material.Any review, retransmission,disclosure dissemination or other use of,or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibitedand  may result in severe penalties. If you have received thise-mail in error please delete all copies of  this message and anyattachments and contact the sender. If you notice it contains SPAM,abuse or other comments you find offensive please notify the sendervk7dik at gmail.com with the details.