[OZAPRS] Why doesn't Northern Tasmania gate VK3 callsigns?

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Sat Feb 13 17:37:29 EST 2010

Hmm... I suppose this really is a question of who is still operating as
an APRS I-gate in Northern Tas.

When I last updated the VK7 section of the National site I was taking my
info from what I saw being gated. It's quite possible that I was wrong
in doing this!

if you take a look at http://www.jfindu.net/NearList.aspx?call=VK7AX
(I've centred on Tony because he is pretty much central in the north)
and yes you will notice that most are either being gated by me
(VK7HSE-3) or VK3VHF-1.

We must remember that APRS isn't everyone's interest and people will
come and go so its possible that this is the current state of interest
in that part (?) APRS is certainly very quite here in Hobart!