[OZAPRS] Need volunteers for APRS 'administrators'

Geoff Gatward geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Aug 29 17:51:31 EST 2010

Folks,

In the near future I will be relocating interstate.  This means that I won't
be able to continue to 'administer' the VK2 digipeater network.

This is a call to the VK1/VK2 guys, we'll need someone to take on the
management of the digipeater/IGate network.

This will involve getting ownership of the current set of managed VK2
digipeater configurations, and moving forward coordinating any future
digipeater/IGate establishment within the state.

Whilst we're at it, I've been maintaining the national  www.aprs.net.au
website for several years now, and I would like to take a break.

My upcoming relocation seems like the perfect time to hand over the reins to
someone else, as I won't really be in a position to continue to look after
the site much at all once I move.

So anybody (nationally) want to volunteer to take on the administrator role
of the www.aprs.net.au website ??

The website currently is running the Drupal Content Management System (CMS),
and has been pretty much configured to allow members to manage themselves.
Certain folks from each state have access to publish their own state news
and info, so the overall site administrator doesn't need to do much at all
(unless they feel like changing the theme or functionality of the site)

I will still be able to maintain the two national APRS-IS servers, so there
is no danger of first or second.aprs.net.au disappearing J

Please let me know if you are interested in either (or both) of these roles.

Regards,

Geoff  VK2XJG