[OZAPRS] 30m mobile

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Sun Sep 13 09:51:11 EST 2009

Most of the people who track me know nothing of the technical aspects or SSID
standards of APRS. Having to watch VK1IAN-9 and VK1IAN-15 would be confusing
for them.
Even worse would be the situation where 2m runs out of puff and the only
reports are coming in via HF; now I would be in two places at once!!!
The others that "know" the system look at the IGATE of the last reported
position; if I'm in Canberra and the posit is via VK1NPW, the posit is via
2m. If the IGATE is VK7DIK, HF is it.
I use different trackers for each band with the path and transmit times set
appropriately.

Ian
VK1IAN