[OZAPRS] Open Traker 2 question

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 24 23:47:23 EST 2009

Not having owned one of these I am interested in a point on these machines..

Reading the blurb on the web it appears as though the OT2 can act as a Digi (remotely configurable) at the same time as being a KISS TNC .. Is this actually true ? Or is the KISS TNC operation something that stops the Digi from working ?

Also is the command line operation and packet Frame output display anything like a TNC2 ? Particularly I am interested as to if it can work with APRSd in single TNC (non AX25) mode. To do this the frame output display would have to be formatted like a TNC2 or clone..

Tony Hunt VK5AH