[OZAPRS] VK3MY-4 Invalid Mesage packets

Jim Tittsler ZL2IA at OnNZ.net
Tue Oct 27 11:17:34 EST 2009

On 2009-10-24 12:23, Tony Hunt wrote:
> Noticed this info via APRS.fi
> http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VK3my-4
>
> Has anyone else seen this ? 3MY-4 is probably banging out these Bulletin
> frames but has anyone actually seen these on a client like UiView or
> xastir ? I have not seen these via HF so far ..
>
> Not sure whats wrong with the frame but perhaps the 2x Colons is the
> culprit ?

Yes, that is part of the problem.  (There also should be 5 spaces
following the BLNA to pad the addressee field to 9 characters, and it
looks like these examples are too short.) The format for an
announcement bulletin should be:
:BLNA     :HF Gateway Operational On 10.147.60Mhz USB 300bd Use Path

--
Jim Tittsler  ZL2IA/AI8A/7J1AJH  Gisborne            GPG: 0x01159DB6
http://OnNZ.net/ham/                             QRP/Satellites/APRS