[OZAPRS] TinyTrack3 Plus GPS Combo- Problems

David and Justine Olsen davejust at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 13 18:45:27 EST 2009

I purchased a fully built (not kit) TT3 Plus with GPS. It arrived
today, and I expected to be able to configure it an be on the air in
no time.

Apart from the fact it came with the wrong radio to TT3 cable, there
seems to be other issues.

I configured the TT3 using the software provided, then attached to
power and GPS (couldn't attach to radio as the wrong cable was
supplied).

The lights flash as they should, but the GPS Valid (green light) does
not come on. I left the GPS powered for hours, but still nothing. I
changed the configuration to allow TTL send, and the lights flashed
in the correct fashion, but still no solid green light. The J7 jumper
is configured for 5Volts which is correct for the GPS I am using.

I do not have a laptop so I can't run GPS  terminal software in a
place where the GPS can see the sky but being new, surely it works :-).

Any ideas???

David VK4MDX