[OZAPRS] TinyTrack3 Plus GPS Combo- Problems

Mark Cheeseman mark at cheeseman.org
Mon Apr 13 19:10:05 EST 2009

David and Justine Olsen wrote:

> The lights flash as they should, but the GPS Valid (green light) does
> not come on. I left the GPS powered for hours, but still nothing. I

Are you getting nothing at all, or is the light flashing but not steady?
Flashing indicates that it is receiving GPS data, but the GPS doesn't
have a fix. No light at all indicates no GPS data.

> I do not have a laptop so I can't run GPS  terminal software in a place
> where the GPS can see the sky but being new, surely it works :-).

Don't worry about a laptop - just plug the GPS into the serial port of
any computer and see if it's sending data, as a first step. You'll need
to make sure that the GPS has power, if that's provided over the serial
connector.

-Mark VK2XGK